What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation that consists of using a 10 gauge scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion. Working in conjunction with manual exfoliation it also helps to remove the soft vellus hairs (soft fluffy hair), while aiding penetration of cosmeceuticals.
What are the advantages of having a series of Dermaplaning treatments?
- Helps to break down the cross linkages between aging skin cells
- Speeds up the cell turn over rate
- Helps stimulate collagen production and other skin molecules to produce plumper, more even skin
- Rejuvenated skin has a more youthful glowing appearance
- Helps to reduce the occurrence of pseudofolliculitis and ingrown hairs on people that are prone to having this occur after waxing treatments
- Offers smoother skin for make up application
- Reduces the appearance of fine facial hairs
**Results may vary from person to person**
Who are the best candidates for Dermaplaning?
- Both men and women of all ages
- All Fitzpatrick skin types
- Good for pregnant women struggling with hormonal hair growth on their face
- Great alternative for people that are not suitable for IPL treatment or have IPL resistant hair.
- Great if you are seeking multi layered treatment modality.
LED Light Therapy
Why not upgrade your treatment? Low-level light therapy (LLLT) with Healite II is the therapeutic use of light emitting diode (LED) light to enhance your body’s natural cellular recovery, improving healing times, relieving pain, subsiding active acne, promoting skin rejuvenation and more. The pain free and non-invasive treatment delivers concentrated energy deep into your tissue affecting you body at a cellular level.
How many treatments do I need?
As this treatment is a maintenance program for exfoliation and hair reduction it would be recommended that treatment be carried every 4 weeks on an ongoing basis.
After cleansing the skin thoroughly a 10 gauge scalpel is gently scraped over the face to help remove build up of dead skin cells and hair. If LED treatment is added to treatment, it will follow after dermaplaning has been carried out. The treatment may leave the skin feeling a little tingly during and for a short time post treatment.
Most patients go straight back to their normal activities. Some patients find they may experience some redness after Dermaplaning Most patients will feel a slight tingling sensation during and for a short time after treatment.