Exilis elite skin tightening
What is Exilis Elite skin tightening?
Exilis Elite is a skin tightening and body contouring solution using thermal heat waves to heat the skin and/or target fat cells. The dual energy delivery of Exilis Elite stimulates and strengthens the collagen network, resulting in tighter skin, and improved skin laxity and texture.
Benefits of skin tightening
- Skin elasticity
- Skin rejuvenation
- Body contouring
- Wrinkle reduction
- Quick treatments with no downtime
- Ability to treat all skin types
- Minimal discomfort
- Progressive improvement over several months after the course of treatments
What can Exilis Elite Skin Tightening treat?
- Loss of firmness in the skin
- Early aging
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Facial and neck rejuvenation, and treatment on isolated areas (like the brow) as needed
- Anywhere on the body for firming and contouring through fat reduction.
Who are the best candidates for Exilis Elite skin tightening?
Exilis Elite skin tightening is available to men and women of all ages and skin types that show mild and early signs of ageing or skin laxity. The procedure can also be used in a preventative way to avoid aging.
The skin tightening procedure is also used for improving areas of stubborn fat for people that aren’t able or ready to undergo liposuction.
Exilis Elite skin tightening may be unsuitable for you if:
- You have used Roaccutane in the last 12 months
- Pregnant or currently breastfeeding
- Have metal implanted devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators
- Have a history or keloid scarring or abnormal wound healing
- Have varicose veins in the area to be treated
- You suffer from a bleeding disorder
- Open wounds, including eczema, rosacea, dermatitis or cold sores
- In the last 3-6 months you has had surgery or laser resurfacing in the area to be treated
- Are undergoing cancer or radiation therapy
- Sunburn is in the area to be treated
- In the last 2 weeks waxing, IPL, laser therapy or injectable treatments have been used
Potential Complications (rare)
Incorrectly caring for skin that is still healing can lead to prolonged healing time, infection or scarring.
How many sessions do I need?
Facial Area: 2-4 treatments spaced 2 weeks apart.
Body Areas: 4-8 treatments spaced 1-2 weeks apart.
Note: Yearly treatments may be advised to maintain results.
Gel is applied and passes are made over the treatment area to heat the skin. You can expect to feel an intense heating sensation. The tool has an inbuilt cooling system attached to the handpiece, offering excellent pain relief so no anaesthesia is required.
Depending on the area, the procedure will last between 45-60 minutes.
How will my skin react after the treatment?
Face & Body
- A mild sunburn sensation is expected for 2-5 hours
- Moderate redness and some swelling will occur immediately after and last for up to 12 hours
- Heat sensitivity is expected for 2 days
- We recommend avoiding the sun and UV exposure as this can break down collagen growth
- It is important that a healthy lifestyle is maintained after body contouring treatments
It is recommended that prior to treatment you stay well-hydrated to maximise the results you see, and drink at least 2 litres of water the day before, the day of and two days after the treatments.
Men having facial treatments must shave the area on the day of the treatment and we encourage you to continue your exercise routines post-treatment.
4 weeks after the recommended course is finished we review the results. At this stage we can see the new collagen deposition and assess the success of the treatment. Using before and after photos we compare and discuss results, and develop a skin care and treatment maintenance program for you
Once results have been achieved with Exilis, treatments can be used throughout the year to maintain the benefits. For skin tightening we recommend 6-12 months and for body contouring we recommend 3-6 months.
Prices are available for single treatments or pre paid packages.
Facial Skin Tightening
Single area: $500 per treatment
2 areas: $850 per treatment
3 areas: $1150 per treatment
Body Contouring / Tightening
Single area: from $450 per treatment
2 areas: from $750 per treatment
Courses of treatments are available at a discount when purchased up front.
10% discount for a package of 2 purchased up front
15% discount for a package of 4 purchased up front
Prices are also available for multiple areas of the face & body and can be discussed with your therapist.
Patient After-Care for Exilis
For 2 days after the Exilis Elite skin tightening treatment:
- Water consumption is important
- Avoid products that contain AHA’s, BHA’s, Retinol (vitamin A), astringents and exfoliating granules
- Apply a cool compress as required
- It is best for the skin to remain moist during recovery so apply moisturiser as required
- Avoid sun exposure and apply sunscreen daily
- Do not expose yourself to vigorous exercise, saunas, pools, steam baths and hot showers
- Light exercise is okay
- For 2 weeks, do not wax or apply depilatory creams, or undergo laser therapy and IPL
- Do not use dermal fillers or wrinkle relaxers in the area that was treated for 2 weeks
Home Care Products to use for the following 2 days
It is important to avoid the use of exfoliating products for the next 2 days. To avoid sun sensitivities it is important to apply a broad-spectrum sun block daily. We recommend the following regime:
Normal/ Dry Skin Types
- Ultra Hydrating Milk Cleanser/ Ultra Balancing Gel Cleanser
- Ultra C10+ Firming Serum/ Ultra C23 Firming Concentrate
- Ultra Moisturiser Cream/ Ultra Rich Moisturiser Cream
- Protective Daily Moisturiser SPF30+
Normal/ Oily Skin Types
- Ultra Balancing Gel Cleanser / Ultra Clear Foaming Cleanser
- Ultra C10+ Firming Serum
- Ultra Hydrating Lotion
- Protective Daily Moisturiser SPF30+
Recommended home care products are available for long-term maintenance. Please discuss further with your Doctor and/or therapist on which best meet your needs.
If I am interested, what now?
Your first step is an initial consultation with Dr Oates. You do not need a GPs referral for this consultation. Or you can have a complementary consultation with one of our Dermal Therapists or Nurses.
You may wish to speak with one of our qualified Dermal Therapists or Nurse prior to seeing Dr Oates. During this free consultation at our Perth office, a Dermal Therapist/Nurse can discuss both surgical and non-surgical options to treat your cosmetic concern(s).