Feather Touch Brow Tattoo
**Results may vary from person to person**
What is Feather Touch Brows?
Feather touch is a method of cosmetic tattooing using a hand tool known as a micro-blade. The micro-blade is used to insert colour, the insertion strokes mimic natural hair growth pattern give a nice natural look (we do not use a tattoo machine).
Who is a suitable candidate?
- People who have over plucked there eyebrow hair and are wanting a fuller brow
- Scarring or gaps where hair does not grow within the brow region
- People who suffer from alopecia (hair loss), thin or light coloured hair
- People wanting a specific shape but can’t achieve that with natural hair growth
Contraindications to Treatment
- Active Acne, Rosacea
- Cancer or radiation therapy
- Keloid scarring or abnormal would healing
- Permanent Fillers
- Open wounds of any kind eczema, dermatitis, infections
- Breast feeding
- Active Herpes Simplex
- Recent Fillers (within last 2 weeks)
- Recent facial surgery (within last 12 months)
- Waxing (within 1 week)
- Infection if skin is not cared for correctly
- Hyper and/ or hypo pigmentation
- Hypersensitivity to the topical anaesthetic that is applied to the skin during treatment
- Prolonged redness, grazing
- Blood Thinners such as Aspirin, and Nurofen within 48hours
- Smoking (limited results)
- Topical prescription Vitamin A within 48 hours
- Diabetes (DR permission)
How many sessions will I need?
A standard consultation is required to determine suitability for feather touch tattooing. A $50 deposit is required to secure this consultation, and will go towards the costing of your brow treatment. The initial treatment is carried out to create your desired brows. As a full completed set of brows aren’t achievable within the initial treatment a follow up treatment, the perfection session is booked 6 weeks after treatment to ensure we complete the desired effect. NB: Brows will generally be 80% completed in the first session and then in the second session is the final touch ups to get them completed.
After the perfection session you can expect to have touch ups of colour every 6 to 12 months, this is dependable on your at home care and your skin type and condition.
7 Days Prior to treatment
- Get your brows waxed/threaded if you regularly have them waxed/threaded.
- Cease using any brow or lash growth serums eg LiLash.
- Cease drinking green tea, fish oil capsules and any vitamins that may cause blood thinning or bruising.
- Fake tan shouldn’t be applied leading up to the treatment as it can be imbedded into the skin during tattoo.
Feather touch brows is still considered to be tattooing therefore the general wound healing process will be undertaken:
3 stages of wound healing
- The inflammation phase: first 48 hours to 5 days post treatment. Redness occurs, bacteria and debris are phagocytosed and removed. Platelets form to prevent further bleeding and release growth factors.
- Proliferations Phase: from day 2 to day 21 post treatment. Angiogenesis, fibroblasts grow and form a new extra cellular matrix, by excreting collagen and fibronectin (a glycoprotein that links proteins that bind fibroblasts, endothelial and macrophage cells). Re-epitheliasiation of the epidermis occurs and epithelial cells proliferate and migrate to the wound providing protection for new tissue.
- Remodeling Phase: from 3 weeks to 2 years post treatment. Collagen is remodelled and realigned. Type III Collagen is replaced by type I. Scar tissue is flattened. Cells that are no longer needed are removed.
Redness and tenderness can be expected initially after treatment. The brows will appear darker after treatment due to the pigment that has been applied. You can expect to see the brows get darker before they start to fade off over your two week recovery period. It can take up until this time to know what the true colour of your brows will look like.
For the next 7 days following treatment
- Do not wet or cleanse your brows
- Do not exfoliate of pick at skin
- Do not use products containing AHA’s, BHA’s, Vitamin A (Retinol), astringents or exfoliating granules
- Do not expose the skin to sun
- Avoid vigorous exercise, saunas, chlorinated and salt water pools, steam baths and hot showers for 48 hours following your treatment
- Avoid waxing, IPL, Laser or depilatory creams for 2 weeks following your treatment
- Avoid applying tanning products for 2 weeks following your treatment
- Ultraceuticals B2 Micellar will be supplied to you to use to cleanse your face to aid preventing your brows from getting wet.
- Stratamed needs to be supplied to the brows at least 4-6 times per day to ensure scabbing does not occur
Where do I go from here?
Complimentary consultations and appointments may be made through our client coordinators on 08 9382 4800
Please be aware that Feather Touch Brows are classed as a tattoo and will prevent you from being able to donate blood for 4-6 months. Best to contact Red Cross blood services to determine disqualification period.